Saturday, February 16, 2013

Favourite Things

My friend Leia and I recently spent a few weeks embarking on a Closet Shopping challenge. The idea was to come up with brand-new work outfits using the clothes we have instead of feeling like the only "new" things were from stores. We sent each other photos every morning and the challenge forced me to try combinations I would have never considered. It was fun!

The whole idea it got me thinking about appreciating other things I own, not just clothing. I am trying to cut back on shopping in general. The internet makes lusting after things just part of my day (stupid Pinterest!) but in my home there are certain pieces that will follow me anywhere.

1. My beast of a sewing machine.
2. & 3. Embroidery by my grandmother.
4. Topaz and garnet ring from One Garnet Girl.

Happy long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment